Some small facts about myself    

First of all: my name is Tomas Roosemark and I was born in 1972. Today I live with

Ann-Marie and our three kids, Emilia and Amanda and Simon, in Torslanda, just outside Gothenburg, on the west coast of Sweden.

I guess I’ve been into some kind of motor sport for all my life. And I also believe it’s an interest that runs through my veins: in the 70’s and 80’s my father (Bosse) was a super cart-driver, and besides that my older brother (Ingemar) drove a Nordic 100cc. At that time, though, I wasn’t really into go-cart myself. Too young to drive I was happy playing with friends, my interest had not yet awakened.

But time flies and in 1982 I was in the start line of my very first race. It all took place before my tenth birthday and being to young to compete I had to ask for a special permission. The cart that I drove was a Micro and the engine was a Partner 85cc. We’d bought the Micro from a friend to my brother and, honestly, the cart wasn’t in a very good shape; the idea was first of all to find out whether this was something that I would stick to for a longer period of time.

Despite the shape of my cart, I ended up at the 3rd place in my very first race. And, needless to say, after that I was hooked – and soon thereafter my Micro was exchanged for a Mini. This was the model that I drove for the next four years.

At this time, in 1986, I was old enough to drive a moped, and soon after that I changed to motor cross. My first bike was a KTM 80cc. I drove it during my first year in Blixås motor club, the second year in that club I got myself a Honda 125 cc.

Those first years of adolescence are often a time when life starts to move more rapidly. And it wasn’t just the bikes I drove that constantly changed – all of a sudden I was a pretty tall young man! Unfortunately, growing too quickly resulted in a pain in my back that made it impossible to drive.

Luckily, though, those first years of adolescence are also a period when one discovers that life has more to offer than just engines, oil and tires…

During most of the 90’s my interest was not in bikes but in cars. I’ve had a Corvette Stingray –74 as well as a Porsche 944 turbo. With the Porsche there was quite a lot of track racing.

However, in 1999 I came to my senses and bought myself another go-cart. This time it turned out to be a ICC TopKart with a Pavesi 125cc six gears engine. This is a special kind of motor, a model that isn’t allowed when racing in Sweden. But – did that really matter? I told myself that I had no intention to go back to the racing track; I would only be driving for fun!

Well, I guess I never really managed to fool myself. Instead I got in touch with Anders and Rebecka Gabrielsson (who at that time were in charge of the Swedish agencies for TopKart and Pavesi). Having done that, one thing led to another and soon I was the owner of a newer cart, one with an engine that was allowed to use for races. And once again I found myself back in the saddle!

I raced with an ICC for two years and then changed into a Sport 2000. After another year with the Sport 2000 I decided that I was ready for the real thing: Supercart (Formula E).

This means I was back in my father’s footsteps. And realizing what was happening, my dad once again felt his own motor running. For some years he’d been missing the atmosphere in racing, and therefore he eagerly volunteered to be my mechanic as well as my main sponsor. I started to drive a PVP, somewhat modified by LM Equipe, with a Yamaha TZ250 engine from an old Grand Prix-bike.


I was spellbound from the very first beginning. This was the toughest race so far, but extremely fun! That Saturday began with rainfall, but weather had dried up in time for the final. I came in as number seven, a result that made me feel completely satisfied.

In the final on the following day I was number three for a long time, while Bobo W was in the lead, followed by Thomas W. I knew I had a chance to come in as one of the three very best drivers. You bet I was nervous! I was a bit lucky though, since Thomas W And Bobo all of a sudden turned round. Thus I overtook Thomas W and understood that I was now number two, a fact that made me still more nervous. Two rounds later Bobo had a puncture and was out of the game. The victory was mine, and I couldn’t have had a better start at Kinnekulle.

After that my luck just kept going. One more victory at Mantorp and two results as number three that year.



I won both finals in the first race that year at Kinnekulle Ring. I ran well in the rest of the Swedish competitions as well, however with no more top-three-results.

This year I also took part in the European Championships. The first competition was run at Magny Cours in France, and I came in as number fourteen and seventeen.

Next stop was in Assen in Holland. Unfortunately I found myself in a heavy crash already after one round, another cart had overtaken me too narrowly. The crash was inevitable. I ran my left front part into his side and then my right side ended up in a wall.

Now we thought this was the end of it, but fortunately I was saved. Poul Petersen, PVP, helped us to straighten the frame and we actually managed to get the cart ready for the final on Sunday. This was the coolest thing so far I have ever experienced. There were about 50.000 spectators, SO VERY COOL!!! I was number twelve, despite the problem of one of the rear brakes, that kept "hanging on" all the time.

Now I had to solve the problems with the brakes. We exchanged the rear brake that was a Kelgatebrake of PVP’s rear brake. At Kinnekulle we made a test and it worked out very well.

Two days later we took off for Donnington, England. Unfortunately we were too late for the training. And more to it, there was a radiator leakage that kept us very busy. At last I qualified as no twenty-six despite the lack of training. Sixty-three carts had been on the starting line.

The first final was run in dry weather and I came in as no fourteen. This final was later on not approved of, due to a mistake in the start, so unfortunately I scored no points that time.

In the second final I started as no twenty-six and then it was raining! Luckily the rainfall ceased and the end of the race was dry. I had chosen to run with Bridgestone, the others had preferred Dunlop. This was my true salvation and I came in as no five and totally I was no fourteen in the European Championships of 2004.