Tobermory, the capital of Isle of Mull in the inner Hebrides has given it´s name to the islands only distillery. The town lies in a small bay with it´s main street stretching from end to end, with the sea on one side and brightly painted houses on the other. In 1798 a local merchant, John Sinclair built a distillery in the southern end of the harbour, and it´s buildings haven´t change very much since then. Unlike most other island malt whiskies Tobermory use unpeated malt, since the islands water is peaty enough by itself.
|Owner||Burn Stewart Distillers Ltd|
|Stills||2 wash 2 spirit|